Woolacombe Beach ranked fifth in Europe
- Credit: Archant
The annual TripAdvisor beach awards also put North Devon’s iconic beach at number two in the UK.
WOOLACOMBE Beach has been named the fifth best in Europe, beating destinations such as Greece, Italy and Spain.
The North Devon beach was also ranked second in the UK, after the winners were announced by internet travel site TripAdvisor for its annual Travellers’ Choice Beaches Awards.
It is climbing the rankings, after being voted third in the UK last year and seventh the year before.
The awards are decided based on feedback from users of the travel review site.
You may also want to watch:
“These awards recognise the best beaches in the UK and beyond, according to those that really matter – travellers that have visited these beaches and given them the highest levels of praise,” said Emma Shaw, TripAdvisor spokesperson.
First ion the UK went to Rhossili Bay in Swansea, while Porthminster Beach at St Ives in Cornwall was third.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull