Woolacombe Beach ranked fifth in Europe
- Credit: Archant
The annual TripAdvisor beach awards also put North Devon’s iconic beach at number two in the UK.
WOOLACOMBE Beach has been named the fifth best in Europe, beating destinations such as Greece, Italy and Spain.
The North Devon beach was also ranked second in the UK, after the winners were announced by internet travel site TripAdvisor for its annual Travellers’ Choice Beaches Awards.
It is climbing the rankings, after being voted third in the UK last year and seventh the year before.
The awards are decided based on feedback from users of the travel review site.
You may also want to watch:
“These awards recognise the best beaches in the UK and beyond, according to those that really matter – travellers that have visited these beaches and given them the highest levels of praise,” said Emma Shaw, TripAdvisor spokesperson.
First ion the UK went to Rhossili Bay in Swansea, while Porthminster Beach at St Ives in Cornwall was third.
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 7 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre