Wonderful winter fun at Rosemoor
SANTA is setting up home in the wonderful Winter Garden at RHS Rosemoor in Torrington next weekend (December 12 and 13.) The jolly figure will be leaving the centre of Torrington by horse drawn carriage on both Saturday and Sunday at 11am, before making h
SANTA is setting up home in the wonderful Winter Garden at RHS Rosemoor in Torrington next weekend (December 12 and 13.)
The jolly figure will be leaving the centre of Torrington by horse drawn carriage on both Saturday and Sunday at 11am, before making his way to Rosemoor.
He can be found in his grotto in the beautiful Winter Garden and visitors are very welcome.
The Winter Garden itself is a stunning example of evergreens, colourful perennials, barks and stems to prove that winter need not be a drab season out of doors.
You may also want to watch:
The weekend will also see festival fun with glue and glitter workshops on the Saturday plus a performance by the Appledore Singers on Sunday.
There is also a Holly walk on the Sunday, December 13, from 11am-1pm when the garden experts will conduct an informative holly-themed walk and talk around the garden.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
In its own right, Rosemoor is a beautiful winter garden, with a long tradition of gardening for winter effect and there are also two stupendous woodland walks to enjoy and burn off some of the Christmas excesses. The garden is open every day except Christmas Day from 10am-5pm.
To find out more visit www.rhs.org.uk/rosemoor or call 01805 626810.