Wonderful winter fun at Rosemoor
SANTA is setting up home in the wonderful Winter Garden at RHS Rosemoor in Torrington next weekend (December 12 and 13.) The jolly figure will be leaving the centre of Torrington by horse drawn carriage on both Saturday and Sunday at 11am, before making h
SANTA is setting up home in the wonderful Winter Garden at RHS Rosemoor in Torrington next weekend (December 12 and 13.)
The jolly figure will be leaving the centre of Torrington by horse drawn carriage on both Saturday and Sunday at 11am, before making his way to Rosemoor.
He can be found in his grotto in the beautiful Winter Garden and visitors are very welcome.
The Winter Garden itself is a stunning example of evergreens, colourful perennials, barks and stems to prove that winter need not be a drab season out of doors.
The weekend will also see festival fun with glue and glitter workshops on the Saturday plus a performance by the Appledore Singers on Sunday.
There is also a Holly walk on the Sunday, December 13, from 11am-1pm when the garden experts will conduct an informative holly-themed walk and talk around the garden.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 7 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 8 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 9 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
In its own right, Rosemoor is a beautiful winter garden, with a long tradition of gardening for winter effect and there are also two stupendous woodland walks to enjoy and burn off some of the Christmas excesses. The garden is open every day except Christmas Day from 10am-5pm.
To find out more visit www.rhs.org.uk/rosemoor or call 01805 626810.