Women invited to join charity cycle for Breast Cancer Campaign
WOOLSERY breast cancer campaigner Sue Bond is calling for as many local women as possible to get on their bikes for the Pedal It Pink charity cycle in Exeter this September.
The 26.2 mile event is being organised by the Breast Cancer Campaign and takes place on September 26 on the Exe Cycleway at Exeter Quay.
Local supporter Sue, aged 57, was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago and is currently doing well. She formed a volunteer group called the Bosom Buddies and has been an active fundraiser for Breast Cancer Campaign for a number of years.
A half marathon course is also available on the day, plus a family 5k lap, open to men and children too. All routes are traffic free.
To sign up or find out more, go to www.breastcancercampaign.org.
You may also want to watch:
n SUE Bond hopes as many cyclists as possible will join the women only Pedal It pink charity event in Exeter on September 26.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 10 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed