Women invited to join charity cycle for Breast Cancer Campaign
WOOLSERY breast cancer campaigner Sue Bond is calling for as many local women as possible to get on their bikes for the Pedal It Pink charity cycle in Exeter this September.
The 26.2 mile event is being organised by the Breast Cancer Campaign and takes place on September 26 on the Exe Cycleway at Exeter Quay.
Local supporter Sue, aged 57, was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago and is currently doing well. She formed a volunteer group called the Bosom Buddies and has been an active fundraiser for Breast Cancer Campaign for a number of years.
A half marathon course is also available on the day, plus a family 5k lap, open to men and children too. All routes are traffic free.
To sign up or find out more, go to www.breastcancercampaign.org.
You may also want to watch:
n SUE Bond hopes as many cyclists as possible will join the women only Pedal It pink charity event in Exeter on September 26.
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?