Women invited to join charity cycle for Breast Cancer Campaign
WOOLSERY breast cancer campaigner Sue Bond is calling for as many local women as possible to get on their bikes for the Pedal It Pink charity cycle in Exeter this September.
The 26.2 mile event is being organised by the Breast Cancer Campaign and takes place on September 26 on the Exe Cycleway at Exeter Quay.
Local supporter Sue, aged 57, was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago and is currently doing well. She formed a volunteer group called the Bosom Buddies and has been an active fundraiser for Breast Cancer Campaign for a number of years.
A half marathon course is also available on the day, plus a family 5k lap, open to men and children too. All routes are traffic free.
To sign up or find out more, go to www.breastcancercampaign.org.
You may also want to watch:
n SUE Bond hopes as many cyclists as possible will join the women only Pedal It pink charity event in Exeter on September 26.
- 1 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 Veterans Charity to host Charity Car Wash at Barnstaple HQ
- 6 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 7 Motorcyclist denied dangerous driving after quad bike crash
- 8 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 9 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 10 Hospice volunteer reaches out to 325 bereaved people during lockdown