Women arrested on suspicion of attempted abduction ‘committed no offences’
Police investigating the alleged incidents around the Forches estate will take no further action against the women arrested last week.
TWO WOMEN arrested on suspicion of attempted child abduction last week will have no further action taken against them, say police.
Officers investigating the alleged incidents of attempted child abduction have established the 26 and 27-year-old women arrested last Monday have committed no offences.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “Police fully investigated three separate reports that the women had approached young children in the Barnstaple area.
“This involved the use of specialist officers to conduct interviews with the children, reviewing CCTV and obtaining witness statements from witnesses along with arresting and interviewing two suspects.
You may also want to watch:
“The police are satisfied that no offences have been committed although the two females involved accept that in hindsight approaching children who are strangers to them is inappropriate.
“The police are satisfied that the two women involved in this incident do not pose a risk to children and have given them strong words of advice about their future conduct.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened