Woman turns up at Ilfracombe fire station with minor burns
- Credit: Archant
The woman arrived with her two children after removing a pan which caught fire to the garden and burning herself.
TWO fire engines from Ilfracombe were mobilised to Princess Avenue this afternoon (Mon) after a woman turned up at the fire station with minor burns.
The woman, who had her two children with her, told fire fighters she had burntherself on a pan of oil which had caught fire.
She had tried to remove the grill pan from the property and put it in the garden.
A fire spokesman said: “She then left the pan to collect her children from school but was concerned, not only that the fire was properly out, but that the gas supply would be safe also.
You may also want to watch:
“Shortly after arriving crews confirmed there had been a small fire in the grill pan, which had been removed to the garden and was out on our arrival.
“Crews carried out a further inspection of the property and isolated the gas supply as a precaution.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
An ambulance also attended the fire station to treat the woman’s minor burns.