Woman turns up at Ilfracombe fire station with minor burns
- Credit: Archant
The woman arrived with her two children after removing a pan which caught fire to the garden and burning herself.
TWO fire engines from Ilfracombe were mobilised to Princess Avenue this afternoon (Mon) after a woman turned up at the fire station with minor burns.
The woman, who had her two children with her, told fire fighters she had burntherself on a pan of oil which had caught fire.
She had tried to remove the grill pan from the property and put it in the garden.
A fire spokesman said: “She then left the pan to collect her children from school but was concerned, not only that the fire was properly out, but that the gas supply would be safe also.
You may also want to watch:
“Shortly after arriving crews confirmed there had been a small fire in the grill pan, which had been removed to the garden and was out on our arrival.
“Crews carried out a further inspection of the property and isolated the gas supply as a precaution.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
An ambulance also attended the fire station to treat the woman’s minor burns.