Fire fighters called out to Bideford home in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday) after chip pan caught fire.

A woman was treated at the scene of a chip pan fire in Bideford during the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).

Fire crews from Bideford and Appledore were called out to reports of a pan of fat on fire in Honestone Street, Bideford, at around 12.30am.

By 1am the chip pan had been removed by fire fighters from the ground floor kitchen into the open air.

A woman who was suffering from smoke inhalation was treated by paramedics.

The kitchen of the semi-detatched property was damaged by smoke.