Woman rescued from garage roof after fall
Fire crews were scrambled to the scene in Ilfracombe last night (Sun) to help rescue the injured woman.
AN INJURED woman was rescued from a ‘precarious position’ on a garage roof after suffering a fall in Ilfracombe yesterday (Sun).
Fire crews received a call from Ambulance Control around 10.45pm who needed help to get a female casualty down from the roof at Meadow Close.
A friend of the woman said they had been celebrating her 21st birthday when the decking she was stood on collapsed and she fell onto the roof.
One fire engine from Ilfracombe was mobilised to investigate and fire fighters used a short extension ladder and triple extension ladder to remove the casualty from the roof.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance where she spent the night.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities