Woman injured in lounge fire

A woman was treated on the scene as fire crews tackled the blaze in Landkey.

A woman received burns to her foot after escaping a fire on the ground floor of an end terrace house.

Two fire appliances from Barnstaple fire station arrived at the property in Church Lake, Landkey, as the woman was being treated by ambulance crews for smoke inhalation and a small burn to her foot.

The lounge area was severely damaged by the fire, which fire fighters extinguished using one hose reel jet, two breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The woman was treated at the scene and the area was made safe before crews left the scene.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus