Woman dies in vintage tractor accident
A WOMAN has died and another was injured after a vintage tractor overturned near Braunton on Sunday afternoon.
The woman who lost her life was the 34-year-old driver of the vintage Massey Ferguson tractor, who is from the Barnstaple area. The injured woman, who suffered a suspected broken arm, is believed to be her mother.
The incident happed on North Buckland Hill near Braunton just before 3pm. The road was closed for seven hours while an investigation of the scene was carried out.
It is understood the women had earlier been taking part in the South Molton Vintage Rally Club’s autumn tractor run, which started and finished in Barnstaple.
Club member Linda Regan said: “They were not taking part in the event at the time of the accident and were not following any part of the tractor run route. I believe they may have been on the way home.
“When you organise an event such as this you do not expect such sadness at the end of it.”
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 3 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 8 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 9 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 10 North Devon’s first ever real ice rink opens this week