Woman dies in vintage tractor accident
A WOMAN has died and another was injured after a vintage tractor overturned near Braunton on Sunday afternoon.
The woman who lost her life was the 34-year-old driver of the vintage Massey Ferguson tractor, who is from the Barnstaple area. The injured woman, who suffered a suspected broken arm, is believed to be her mother.
The incident happed on North Buckland Hill near Braunton just before 3pm. The road was closed for seven hours while an investigation of the scene was carried out.
It is understood the women had earlier been taking part in the South Molton Vintage Rally Club’s autumn tractor run, which started and finished in Barnstaple.
Club member Linda Regan said: “They were not taking part in the event at the time of the accident and were not following any part of the tractor run route. I believe they may have been on the way home.
You may also want to watch:
“When you organise an event such as this you do not expect such sadness at the end of it.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 8 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 9 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton