Woman dies in traffic collision
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision yesterday.
POLICE are investigating a fatal road traffic collision which occurred yesterday near Holsworthy.
Two vehicles were involved in the collision and one of the drivers, a 32-year-old local woman driving a Citroen Saxo, was certified dead at the scene.
The incident happened at approximately 5.10pm on the A3052 between Anvil Corner and Dunsland Cross outside a property called Beechcroft.
The collision occurred when the dark grey Citroen Saxo travelling towards Holsworthy collided head on with a blue coloured Audi A6 Estate.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Audi, a 59-year-old local male, sustained minor injuries, and the road was closed for approximately six hours while investigations took place.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the collision and ask that they contact them on 101 quoting police reference 520 130212.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 7 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs