Woman dies after tractor overturns in field near South Molton
- Credit: Matt Smart
A woman has died after a tractor overturned at a farm near South Molton.
Police and the air ambulance were called to Little Wadham Farm at Knowstone just before 5pm on Wednesday (July 22) to reports of an overturned tractor in one of the farm’s fields.
Police confirmed a 64-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
A statement from Devon and Cornwall Police said: “At approximately 4.55pm on Wednesday 22nd July 2020, emergency services were called to a report of a tractor that had overturned in one of the fields of Little Wadham Farm, Knowstone, South Molton.
“Both police and air ambulance attended the scene whereby an agricultural tractor had overturned.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly a 64-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the scene.”
“Officers from the Roads Policing Team and Barnstaple CID were involved in investigating the incident to establish the circumstances. The Health and Safety Executive have been informed.”
- 1 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 2 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park