Woman dies after tractor overturns in field near South Molton
- Credit: Matt Smart
A woman has died after a tractor overturned at a farm near South Molton.
Police and the air ambulance were called to Little Wadham Farm at Knowstone just before 5pm on Wednesday (July 22) to reports of an overturned tractor in one of the farm’s fields.
Police confirmed a 64-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
A statement from Devon and Cornwall Police said: “At approximately 4.55pm on Wednesday 22nd July 2020, emergency services were called to a report of a tractor that had overturned in one of the fields of Little Wadham Farm, Knowstone, South Molton.
“Both police and air ambulance attended the scene whereby an agricultural tractor had overturned.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly a 64-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the scene.”
“Officers from the Roads Policing Team and Barnstaple CID were involved in investigating the incident to establish the circumstances. The Health and Safety Executive have been informed.”
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman