Woman cut from car in ditch at Holsworthy
- Credit: Archant
The 71-year-old was taken to hospital after the car ended up on its roof in a ditch on the A388.
A WOMAN had to be cut from a car yesterday evening (Weds) after it rolled onto its roof and landed in a ditch in Holsworthy.
Police, fire and ambulance crews arrived at the scene near Merryfield Farm on the A388 just after 5pm.
A police spokesman said the 71-year-old from the Holsworthy area was reported to be suffering from shock.
Officers had to close the road while fire crews from Holsworthy and Torrington her from the blue Toyota Yaris.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to North Devon District Hospital with neck and back injuries but a police spokesman said these were not thought to be serious.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub