Woman cut from car in ditch at Holsworthy
- Credit: Archant
The 71-year-old was taken to hospital after the car ended up on its roof in a ditch on the A388.
A WOMAN had to be cut from a car yesterday evening (Weds) after it rolled onto its roof and landed in a ditch in Holsworthy.
Police, fire and ambulance crews arrived at the scene near Merryfield Farm on the A388 just after 5pm.
A police spokesman said the 71-year-old from the Holsworthy area was reported to be suffering from shock.
Officers had to close the road while fire crews from Holsworthy and Torrington her from the blue Toyota Yaris.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to North Devon District Hospital with neck and back injuries but a police spokesman said these were not thought to be serious.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience