Woman cut from car following Blackmoor Gate crash
Road closed following two-car collision this morning
A FEMALE driver was cut from a car and she and an elderly man were taken to North Devon District Hospital after being injured in a two car collision near Blackmoor Gate this morning.
A red Ford Fiesta from the Challacombe area and a gold Vauxhall Frontera from Lynton were involved in the collision on the A399 South Molton to Ilfracombe road just after 9am.
The woman was treated in her vehicle by ambulance crew for neck and back pains before being released by firefighters and taken to hospital by air ambulance. The man was clear of his vehicle and was treated by fire service personnel for neck and back pains before being taken to hospital by land ambulance.
Police and emergency services – including fire engines from Combe Martin, Lynton and Barnstaple and two ambulances – were called to the scene at 9.18am.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for some time between Blackmoor Gate and the B3358 Challacombe road, with traffic diverted through Bratton Fleming.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow