Woman cut from car following Blackmoor Gate crash
Road closed following two-car collision this morning
A FEMALE driver was cut from a car and she and an elderly man were taken to North Devon District Hospital after being injured in a two car collision near Blackmoor Gate this morning.
A red Ford Fiesta from the Challacombe area and a gold Vauxhall Frontera from Lynton were involved in the collision on the A399 South Molton to Ilfracombe road just after 9am.
The woman was treated in her vehicle by ambulance crew for neck and back pains before being released by firefighters and taken to hospital by air ambulance. The man was clear of his vehicle and was treated by fire service personnel for neck and back pains before being taken to hospital by land ambulance.
Police and emergency services – including fire engines from Combe Martin, Lynton and Barnstaple and two ambulances – were called to the scene at 9.18am.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for some time between Blackmoor Gate and the B3358 Challacombe road, with traffic diverted through Bratton Fleming.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack