Woman cut from car following Blackmoor Gate crash
Road closed following two-car collision this morning
A FEMALE driver was cut from a car and she and an elderly man were taken to North Devon District Hospital after being injured in a two car collision near Blackmoor Gate this morning.
A red Ford Fiesta from the Challacombe area and a gold Vauxhall Frontera from Lynton were involved in the collision on the A399 South Molton to Ilfracombe road just after 9am.
The woman was treated in her vehicle by ambulance crew for neck and back pains before being released by firefighters and taken to hospital by air ambulance. The man was clear of his vehicle and was treated by fire service personnel for neck and back pains before being taken to hospital by land ambulance.
Police and emergency services – including fire engines from Combe Martin, Lynton and Barnstaple and two ambulances – were called to the scene at 9.18am.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for some time between Blackmoor Gate and the B3358 Challacombe road, with traffic diverted through Bratton Fleming.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online