Woman cut from car after three-vehicle crash on Link Road
- Credit: Archant
The A361 Link Road was closed for more than three hours after the collision near South Molton.
A WOMAN had to be cut from a car after a three-vehicle collision closed the A361 Link Road yesterday evening (Thurs).
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene on the south-bound carriageway of the road between Bish Mill and Newtown Cross just before 7.30pm.
The female driver of a blue Vauxhall Astra was cut from the car by fire crews from South Molton and Barnstaple.
She was taken to North Devon District Hospital but a police spokesman said her injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
The drivers of the two other vehicles – a Land Rover and a Ford Focus – were unharmed.
The road was closed while emergency services were at the scene and reopened just before 11pm.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call police on non-emergency number 101 quoting log 0607 of January 16, 2014.