Woman cut from car after collision with telegraph pole
- Credit: Archant
The B3227 between Taddiport and Langtree remains closed due to fears a wall damaged in the collision may collapse.
A WOMAN had to be cut from a car this morning (Thurs) after her vehicle was involved in a collision with a telegraph pole near Torrington.
The B3227 between Taddiport and Langtree remain closed for fears a wall which was damaged in the incident may collapse.
Police, fire and ambulance services arrived at the scene at around 9am and found the woman complaining of severe back pain.
She was cut from the car, a red Volkswagen golf, by fire crews from Bideford and Torrington using hydraulic equipment.
A police spokesman said although they initially believed the woman’s injuries to be severe, they now do not appear to be life threatening or life changing.
A BT engineer has been called to the scene to attend to the damaged telegraph pole, and Highways have been informed of the dangerous wall structure.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 4 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
The road remains closed until further notice, check back for updates.