Woman cut from car after collision with telegraph pole
- Credit: Archant
The B3227 between Taddiport and Langtree remains closed due to fears a wall damaged in the collision may collapse.
A WOMAN had to be cut from a car this morning (Thurs) after her vehicle was involved in a collision with a telegraph pole near Torrington.
The B3227 between Taddiport and Langtree remain closed for fears a wall which was damaged in the incident may collapse.
Police, fire and ambulance services arrived at the scene at around 9am and found the woman complaining of severe back pain.
She was cut from the car, a red Volkswagen golf, by fire crews from Bideford and Torrington using hydraulic equipment.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said although they initially believed the woman’s injuries to be severe, they now do not appear to be life threatening or life changing.
A BT engineer has been called to the scene to attend to the damaged telegraph pole, and Highways have been informed of the dangerous wall structure.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
The road remains closed until further notice, check back for updates.