Woman cut from car after collision with telegraph pole
- Credit: Archant
The B3227 between Taddiport and Langtree remains closed due to fears a wall damaged in the collision may collapse.
A WOMAN had to be cut from a car this morning (Thurs) after her vehicle was involved in a collision with a telegraph pole near Torrington.
The B3227 between Taddiport and Langtree remain closed for fears a wall which was damaged in the incident may collapse.
Police, fire and ambulance services arrived at the scene at around 9am and found the woman complaining of severe back pain.
She was cut from the car, a red Volkswagen golf, by fire crews from Bideford and Torrington using hydraulic equipment.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said although they initially believed the woman’s injuries to be severe, they now do not appear to be life threatening or life changing.
A BT engineer has been called to the scene to attend to the damaged telegraph pole, and Highways have been informed of the dangerous wall structure.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
The road remains closed until further notice, check back for updates.