Woman cut from car after collision near Combe Martin
- Credit: Archant
The elderly lady was taken to hospital with back pain and a fractured arm.
FIRE crews had to free an elderly woman from a van today (Fri) after her vehicle collided with a telegraph pole.
The collision involving a Piaggio auto-van happened on the A3123 at Berry Down Cross near Combe Martin.
Police, fire and ambulance crews attended the scene at 12.20pm where the found the woman still in the vehicle and suffering back pain.
She was cut free using hydraulic equipment by crews from Combe Martin and Ilfracombe, and removed from the car using a spinal board.
You may also want to watch:
She also suffered a fractured arm and was then taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer