Woman cut from car after collision near Combe Martin
- Credit: Archant
The elderly lady was taken to hospital with back pain and a fractured arm.
FIRE crews had to free an elderly woman from a van today (Fri) after her vehicle collided with a telegraph pole.
The collision involving a Piaggio auto-van happened on the A3123 at Berry Down Cross near Combe Martin.
Police, fire and ambulance crews attended the scene at 12.20pm where the found the woman still in the vehicle and suffering back pain.
She was cut free using hydraulic equipment by crews from Combe Martin and Ilfracombe, and removed from the car using a spinal board.
You may also want to watch:
She also suffered a fractured arm and was then taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty