Woman cut from car after collision near Combe Martin
- Credit: Archant
The elderly lady was taken to hospital with back pain and a fractured arm.
FIRE crews had to free an elderly woman from a van today (Fri) after her vehicle collided with a telegraph pole.
The collision involving a Piaggio auto-van happened on the A3123 at Berry Down Cross near Combe Martin.
Police, fire and ambulance crews attended the scene at 12.20pm where the found the woman still in the vehicle and suffering back pain.
She was cut free using hydraulic equipment by crews from Combe Martin and Ilfracombe, and removed from the car using a spinal board.
She also suffered a fractured arm and was then taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage