Woman charged over stabbing incident
A woman has appeared in court after a stabbing incident in Bideford last week.
A WOMAN appeared in front of magistrates on Saturday after a stabbing incident in Bideford.
Donna Barratt, 37, from Bideford, has been charged with maliciously wounding causing grievous bodily harm after a man was stabbed on Stucley Road.
The incident occurred around lunchtime on Thursday and a male was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The case has been referred to Exeter Crown Court where the defendant will appear on February 10 at 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Barratt, represented by Mr Tony Dart, has been remanded in custody and there was no application for bail.
If any members of the public were in the Stucley Road on Thursday between 12-1pm and witnessed any altercation between a male and female then police are urging them to come forward by calling 101.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand