Woman charged over stabbing incident
A woman has appeared in court after a stabbing incident in Bideford last week.
A WOMAN appeared in front of magistrates on Saturday after a stabbing incident in Bideford.
Donna Barratt, 37, from Bideford, has been charged with maliciously wounding causing grievous bodily harm after a man was stabbed on Stucley Road.
The incident occurred around lunchtime on Thursday and a male was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The case has been referred to Exeter Crown Court where the defendant will appear on February 10 at 9.30am.
Barratt, represented by Mr Tony Dart, has been remanded in custody and there was no application for bail.
If any members of the public were in the Stucley Road on Thursday between 12-1pm and witnessed any altercation between a male and female then police are urging them to come forward by calling 101.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity