Woman arrested for drink driving after A399 crash
Car veered through hedge and down a 30ft embankment near Combe Martin.
A WOMAN has been arrested for drink driving after veering her car through a hedge and down a 30ft embankment in the early hours of this morning (Tues).
The 38-year-old driver from Hertfordshire was taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance where she was arrested for failing a breath test.
Fire crews from Combe Martin and Ilfracombe were called to the scene at Easter Cross on the A399 near Combe Martin around 1.40am to reports of a person trapped in the silver Renault Scenic.
On arrival the crews discovered the female casualty clear of the vehicle and a male passenger who was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
The woman is currently in custody awaiting interview.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 10 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone