Woman arrested for drink driving after A399 crash
Car veered through hedge and down a 30ft embankment near Combe Martin.
A WOMAN has been arrested for drink driving after veering her car through a hedge and down a 30ft embankment in the early hours of this morning (Tues).
The 38-year-old driver from Hertfordshire was taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance where she was arrested for failing a breath test.
Fire crews from Combe Martin and Ilfracombe were called to the scene at Easter Cross on the A399 near Combe Martin around 1.40am to reports of a person trapped in the silver Renault Scenic.
On arrival the crews discovered the female casualty clear of the vehicle and a male passenger who was uninjured.
The woman is currently in custody awaiting interview.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 3 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 8 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 9 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 10 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice