Woman arrested for drink driving after A399 crash
Car veered through hedge and down a 30ft embankment near Combe Martin.
A WOMAN has been arrested for drink driving after veering her car through a hedge and down a 30ft embankment in the early hours of this morning (Tues).
The 38-year-old driver from Hertfordshire was taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance where she was arrested for failing a breath test.
Fire crews from Combe Martin and Ilfracombe were called to the scene at Easter Cross on the A399 near Combe Martin around 1.40am to reports of a person trapped in the silver Renault Scenic.
On arrival the crews discovered the female casualty clear of the vehicle and a male passenger who was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
The woman is currently in custody awaiting interview.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton