Woman and dogs rescued from Barnstaple riverbank
- Credit: Archant
The lady became stuck in the mud after trying to rescue her dogs at Rock Park this morning (Tues).
FIRE crews were scrambled to rescue a woman and her dog who were stuck in the mud on the bank of the River Taw.
The lady had entered the water at Rock Park, Barnstaple this morning (Tues) just after 11am in an attempt to rescue her dog.
But she too became stuck and a fire crew from Barnstaple and specialist rescue team were called to attend the scene.
When they arrived, they found the woman and two dogs had become stuck.
You may also want to watch:
They used water rescue equipment, lines and a short extension ladder to bring all three back to dry land safely.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened