Woman and dog escape fire at house in South Molton
The pair escaped through a first flood window before the fire service arrived to tackle the blaze.
A WOMAN and her dog were rescued from a house in South Molton on Sunday morning when a fire broke out in the living room.
Two fire engines from Barnstaple and South Molton attended the scene around 7.15am in East Street.
The woman and dog had been rescued from the first floor window of the house before the fire crews arrived using a ladder.
The fire, involving the contents of a fireplace, was caused accidentally but left the living room severely damaged by smoke.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said there were no smoke detectors in the property.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience