Woman and dog escape fire at house in South Molton
The pair escaped through a first flood window before the fire service arrived to tackle the blaze.
A WOMAN and her dog were rescued from a house in South Molton on Sunday morning when a fire broke out in the living room.
Two fire engines from Barnstaple and South Molton attended the scene around 7.15am in East Street.
The woman and dog had been rescued from the first floor window of the house before the fire crews arrived using a ladder.
The fire, involving the contents of a fireplace, was caused accidentally but left the living room severely damaged by smoke.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said there were no smoke detectors in the property.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new