Woman airlifted to hospital following collision
A female casualty was cut from a car in the two-vehicle collision on Saturday.
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries following a two vehicle collision on Saturday afternoon.
The trapped 38-year-old driver of a Vauxhall Zafira was cut from the car by fire crews attending the scene at Mullacott Cross roundabout in Ilfracombe.
A South Western Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The scene was attended by four front line vehicles and the Air Ambulance with a doctor on board.
“One casualty with a head injury was admitted to North Devon District Hospital by Air Ambulance and a further three by land crews.”
You may also want to watch:
The collision, which also involved a silver Mercedes estate, happened at around 12.40pm.
Two fire engines from Woolacombe and Ilfracombe attended the scene.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel