Woman airlifted to hospital following collision
A female casualty was cut from a car in the two-vehicle collision on Saturday.
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries following a two vehicle collision on Saturday afternoon.
The trapped 38-year-old driver of a Vauxhall Zafira was cut from the car by fire crews attending the scene at Mullacott Cross roundabout in Ilfracombe.
A South Western Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The scene was attended by four front line vehicles and the Air Ambulance with a doctor on board.
“One casualty with a head injury was admitted to North Devon District Hospital by Air Ambulance and a further three by land crews.”
You may also want to watch:
The collision, which also involved a silver Mercedes estate, happened at around 12.40pm.
Two fire engines from Woolacombe and Ilfracombe attended the scene.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern