Woman airlifted to hospital following collision
A female casualty was cut from a car in the two-vehicle collision on Saturday.
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries following a two vehicle collision on Saturday afternoon.
The trapped 38-year-old driver of a Vauxhall Zafira was cut from the car by fire crews attending the scene at Mullacott Cross roundabout in Ilfracombe.
A South Western Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The scene was attended by four front line vehicles and the Air Ambulance with a doctor on board.
“One casualty with a head injury was admitted to North Devon District Hospital by Air Ambulance and a further three by land crews.”
The collision, which also involved a silver Mercedes estate, happened at around 12.40pm.
Two fire engines from Woolacombe and Ilfracombe attended the scene.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?
- 10 Help turn tide with Appledore community film