Woman airlifted to hospital by police helicopter
- Credit: Archant
The 25-year-old was found in woodland near Torrington in the early hours of this morning.
A POLICE helicopter airlifted a woman to hospital in the early hours of this morning (Mon) after she was taken ill in a heavily wooded area.
At around 1.30am, police received a call from the ambulance service asking for assistance to get to a casualty in woodland near to the Tarka Trail near Torrington.
A police spokesman said: “The casualty’s companion was unable to give a precise location other than she was in thick woods somewhere near Weare Gifford, in terrain described as treacherous.
“An officer on foot was able to find her and administered first aid before an observer from the force helicopter was able to reach them.
You may also want to watch:
“The casualty, a 25 year old woman, was then stabilised and an ambulance crew provided medical aid before she was lifted to an accessible area.”
She was flown by police helicopter to North Devon District Hospital where she was treated before being discharged.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash