'Wolf Man' tours America to promote new book
NORTH Devon s very own Wolf Man, Shaun Ellis, is about to jet off on a tour of America and its top talk shows with his new book. The Man Who Lives With Wolves is being launched in the States and his whirlwind two-and-a-half week tour is expected to take
NORTH Devon's very own "Wolf Man," Shaun Ellis, is about to jet off on a tour of America and its top talk shows with his new book.
The Man Who Lives With Wolves is being launched in the States and his whirlwind two-and-a-half week tour is expected to take in the major US chat shows including Oprah Winfrey, Jay Leno, David Letterman and the Martha Stewart Show.
Animal behaviourist Shaun became famous after television documentaries followed his exploits as he literally lived with his wolf pack at Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park.
His work to understand what makes the animals tick is aimed at helping humans to live near wolves without conflict and slaughter of the animals, as well as to reintroduce them in countries where they have become endangered.
It has captured the imagination of people on both sides of the Atlantic and the new book, published by Harper Collins, has been co-written by author and journalist Penny Junor.
Shaun leaves for America on October 17 and will be visiting New York, Chicago and Los Angeles on the tour.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 9 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
"It's ironic really because the recognition I have is bigger in the US than over here," he said. "The tour is likely to incorporate all the major chat shows. We have NBC and CBS News plus all the things that go with that.
"The book is an updated biography about everything that has gone on and it looks into how it all started, the time spent living with the Nez Perce Indians in Idaho and living wild with the animals themselves."
In America the book launch and tour will coincide with a series that remakes one of the first documentaries Shaun appeared in.
A UK launch is set for the spinrg, quite possibly with a similar book tour over here, but Shaun's fans in the UK need not wait until the launch here and - as long as they don't mind an American version - can order the book soon from a variety of online retailers.
And after Christmas he is hoping to begin work on a new television and book project in the UK about dogs.