Witness sought after alleged assault at Woolacombe
- Credit: Archant
‘Good Samaritan’ who helped woman after Marine Drive attack on New Year’s Day is urged to come forward.
Police are appealing for a young ‘good Samaritan’ to come forward after a woman was allegedly assaulted by a man in the Marine Drive dunes at Woolacombe on New Year’s Day.
The victim, aged 60, was walking her dogs in the dunes at around 3pm when a man with a small child aged around three years approached the woman and pushed her to the ground.
PC Mike Walker at Ilfracombe said the woman was badly upset by the incident and since then had been scared or anxious about going out again.
He said she did not think the offender was local as she walked her dog there most days and had not seen him before.
You may also want to watch:
A young man came to her assistance and helped her up, but unfortunately left without leaving any details. He appears to be the only witness and police would like to speak to him. If this was you, or if anyone else saw anything, please contact PC Walker via the 101 number, quoting reference CI/14/9.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed