I write on behalf of Barnstaple Carnival Committee to express most sincere thanks to the following, without whose help and support the event could not have taken place.
Barnstaple Town Council, Barnstaple Town Centre Management, BID Barnstaple, the Rotary Clubs of Barnstaple, the Bridge Trust, the Brend Hotel Group , Peter Brend (Jnr), Brand It, Cox of Devon, Glover Stanbury Accountants, the Lions Club of Barnstaple, Barnstaple St John Ambulance Supporters’ Group, Thomas Westcott-Accountants, William Hockin, Philip Milton and family, M & E Alarms, Mr and Mrs E Masters, David Gayton and family, Smallridge (Florists), Taw Garages, Sign O Graphics, Leaderflush Shapland, Gold Hairstylists, Artavia Printing, James Electrical Contractors, St Johns Garden Centre, Maxima Printing, the Devon Army Cadet Force, Barnstaple St John Ambulance, the Showmen’s Guild of Great Britain, Community Payback, South West Highways, and all local businesses who purchased a “banner”.
Special appreciation and sincere thanks go to Brian Yeo for the loan and construction of the trailer for the Queen’s float, and to Keith Rowe and Chris Maddocks for their assistance with the construction and decoration of the “carriage”. Also to Val Yeo for keeping them supplied with tea.
To all those who made very special efforts to enter to provide the town with a procession of floats and walking characters and to the bands and singers whose presence are an essential part of carnival.
Thank you all, and if have missed anyone I do apologise. The amount collected totalled �2,109.12 – a little disappointing considering the number of spectators that were in the town, but it is possibly a reflection of the current economic climate.
You may also want to watch:
Those who collected for their nominated charity will be notified of the percentage return in the near future.
Ms Jo Thompson
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Chairman, Barnstaple Carnival Committee