Witheridge lorry driver dies in van collision
Police name man killed in early morning incident.
A LORRY driver who died in a collision with a van has been named as Nigel Gutteridge from Witheridge.
The 61-year-old died in an incident in the Moorhayes area of Tiverton on Tuesday morning.
It is thought he was walking to his parked red DAF lorry at the time of the collision off Lea Road at around 7.40am.
Mr Gutteridge’s next of kin have been informed.
The driver of a silver-coloured Renault Traffic van, a man in his 50s from Tiverton, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving.
He has been released on police bail until July 24 pending further enquiries.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 8 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas