Witheridge lorry driver dies in van collision
Police name man killed in early morning incident.
A LORRY driver who died in a collision with a van has been named as Nigel Gutteridge from Witheridge.
The 61-year-old died in an incident in the Moorhayes area of Tiverton on Tuesday morning.
It is thought he was walking to his parked red DAF lorry at the time of the collision off Lea Road at around 7.40am.
Mr Gutteridge’s next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of a silver-coloured Renault Traffic van, a man in his 50s from Tiverton, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving.
He has been released on police bail until July 24 pending further enquiries.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge