Witheridge lorry driver dies in van collision
Police name man killed in early morning incident.
A LORRY driver who died in a collision with a van has been named as Nigel Gutteridge from Witheridge.
The 61-year-old died in an incident in the Moorhayes area of Tiverton on Tuesday morning.
It is thought he was walking to his parked red DAF lorry at the time of the collision off Lea Road at around 7.40am.
Mr Gutteridge’s next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of a silver-coloured Renault Traffic van, a man in his 50s from Tiverton, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving.
He has been released on police bail until July 24 pending further enquiries.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses