Winter takes hold on Exmoor
Snowy scenes on the North Devon moors, with more on the way tomorrow.
NORTH Devon photographer Guy Harrop captured these wintry scenes on a snow-covered Exmoor this week.
Guy braved the moor on Tuesday to take a series of stunning images, many of which have featured in the national press and helped train the spotlight on the beauty of the North Devon landscape.
The moors bore the brunt of the snow and some bitterly cold conditions in a week that saw temperatures in parts of the UK plunge to -11C.
The Met Office has issued its first country-wide Level Three cold weather alert of the winter, its second most serious warning.
You may also want to watch:
Although 5-10cm of snow is predicted to fall in central and eastern England tomorrow (Saturday), North Devon can expect outbreaks of rain and snow on higher ground.
The forecast for this evening (Friday) is cold and clear with a widespread hard frost.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
Sunday is likely to be drier, with the chance of sunshine.