Winter takes hold on Exmoor
Snowy scenes on the North Devon moors, with more on the way tomorrow.
NORTH Devon photographer Guy Harrop captured these wintry scenes on a snow-covered Exmoor this week.
Guy braved the moor on Tuesday to take a series of stunning images, many of which have featured in the national press and helped train the spotlight on the beauty of the North Devon landscape.
The moors bore the brunt of the snow and some bitterly cold conditions in a week that saw temperatures in parts of the UK plunge to -11C.
The Met Office has issued its first country-wide Level Three cold weather alert of the winter, its second most serious warning.
You may also want to watch:
Although 5-10cm of snow is predicted to fall in central and eastern England tomorrow (Saturday), North Devon can expect outbreaks of rain and snow on higher ground.
The forecast for this evening (Friday) is cold and clear with a widespread hard frost.
- 1 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 2 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 3 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 4 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 5 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 6 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 10 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
Sunday is likely to be drier, with the chance of sunshine.