Winter takes hold on Exmoor
Snowy scenes on the North Devon moors, with more on the way tomorrow.
NORTH Devon photographer Guy Harrop captured these wintry scenes on a snow-covered Exmoor this week.
Guy braved the moor on Tuesday to take a series of stunning images, many of which have featured in the national press and helped train the spotlight on the beauty of the North Devon landscape.
The moors bore the brunt of the snow and some bitterly cold conditions in a week that saw temperatures in parts of the UK plunge to -11C.
The Met Office has issued its first country-wide Level Three cold weather alert of the winter, its second most serious warning.
You may also want to watch:
Although 5-10cm of snow is predicted to fall in central and eastern England tomorrow (Saturday), North Devon can expect outbreaks of rain and snow on higher ground.
The forecast for this evening (Friday) is cold and clear with a widespread hard frost.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
Sunday is likely to be drier, with the chance of sunshine.