Winter sculptures on show at Rosemoor
AN exhibition of more than 50 sculptures is to open at RHS Garden Rosemoor in Torrington to amuse, enlighten and inspire visitors throughout the winter and beyond. From Friday, November 27, throughout the garden there will be displays of thought-provoking
AN exhibition of more than 50 sculptures is to open at RHS Garden Rosemoor in Torrington to amuse, enlighten and inspire visitors throughout the winter and beyond.
From Friday, November 27, throughout the garden there will be displays of thought-provoking work from 17 West Country sculptors, in mediums from wood and stone to bronze and coiled wire.
It is Rosemoor's first ever Winter Sculpture Exhibition and once in place, the sculptures will be on display until the end of February next year.
In its own right, Rosemoor is a beautiful winter garden, with a long tradition of gardening for winter effect. From the rich evergreens which take centre stage, to the subtle effects of grasses and perennials and colourful barks and stems, there is always something to see.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition can be seen from 10am-5pm throughout the winter as part of the normal garden admission.
The Rosemoor Christmas Craft Fair is also being held on Friday, 27 and Saturday, November 28, with the chance to shop for some unique festive gifts.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 10 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
Then on Sunday 29 the Christmas Food Fair will take place, as Rosemoor is laden with festive treats and the best of local produce. Both events run from 10am-3pm.
For more information about RHS Garden Rosemoor visit www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/rosemoor.