Winter sculptures on show at Rosemoor
AN exhibition of more than 50 sculptures is to open at RHS Garden Rosemoor in Torrington to amuse, enlighten and inspire visitors throughout the winter and beyond. From Friday, November 27, throughout the garden there will be displays of thought-provoking
AN exhibition of more than 50 sculptures is to open at RHS Garden Rosemoor in Torrington to amuse, enlighten and inspire visitors throughout the winter and beyond.
From Friday, November 27, throughout the garden there will be displays of thought-provoking work from 17 West Country sculptors, in mediums from wood and stone to bronze and coiled wire.
It is Rosemoor's first ever Winter Sculpture Exhibition and once in place, the sculptures will be on display until the end of February next year.
In its own right, Rosemoor is a beautiful winter garden, with a long tradition of gardening for winter effect. From the rich evergreens which take centre stage, to the subtle effects of grasses and perennials and colourful barks and stems, there is always something to see.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition can be seen from 10am-5pm throughout the winter as part of the normal garden admission.
The Rosemoor Christmas Craft Fair is also being held on Friday, 27 and Saturday, November 28, with the chance to shop for some unique festive gifts.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
Then on Sunday 29 the Christmas Food Fair will take place, as Rosemoor is laden with festive treats and the best of local produce. Both events run from 10am-3pm.
For more information about RHS Garden Rosemoor visit www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/rosemoor.