Winkleigh death crash: mini bus driver released on bail
Death by dangerous driving suspect bailed until July 28
THE driver of a mini bus involved in a death crash near Winkleigh has been released on police bail.
A woman driver of a Peugeot 206 was pronounced dead at the scene after the collision with the eight-seater minibus at Dolton Beacon on Saturday afternoon.
A male passenger in the Peugeot was taken to North Devon District Hospital by air ambulance and several other people suffered minor injuries and were treated by ambulance personnel.
The male minibus driver was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and must answer bail on July 28.
You may also want to watch:
Police have yet to name the deceased.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 6 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford