Winkleigh death crash: mini bus driver released on bail
Death by dangerous driving suspect bailed until July 28
THE driver of a mini bus involved in a death crash near Winkleigh has been released on police bail.
A woman driver of a Peugeot 206 was pronounced dead at the scene after the collision with the eight-seater minibus at Dolton Beacon on Saturday afternoon.
A male passenger in the Peugeot was taken to North Devon District Hospital by air ambulance and several other people suffered minor injuries and were treated by ambulance personnel.
The male minibus driver was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and must answer bail on July 28.
You may also want to watch:
Police have yet to name the deceased.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19