Winkleigh bedroom destroyed in fire
- Credit: Archant
Three fire engines were called to the scene on Tuesday evening after a fire broke out in a first floor bedroom.
A first floor bedroom was completely destroyed in a fire near Winkleigh last night (Tues).
Fire crews from Torrington, Chulmleigh and Barnstaple were scrambled to the scene in West Road, Roborough, just before 8pm.
On arrival fire fighters found the first floor and roof of the property well alight and set to work using a hose reel jet and two sets of breathing apparatus.
Everyone was free and clear from the building and the electric and gas to the property was isolated.
You may also want to watch:
Fire fighters had to increase the amount of jets and set a main jet up using a nearby hydrant to battle the flames.
The fire, believed to have been caused by accident, was extinguished using six breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and a main jet.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
- 10 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
The first floor of the building was 100 per cent damaged by the fire and 100 per cent of the ground floor was damaged by the water.