Winkleigh bedroom destroyed in fire
- Credit: Archant
Three fire engines were called to the scene on Tuesday evening after a fire broke out in a first floor bedroom.
A first floor bedroom was completely destroyed in a fire near Winkleigh last night (Tues).
Fire crews from Torrington, Chulmleigh and Barnstaple were scrambled to the scene in West Road, Roborough, just before 8pm.
On arrival fire fighters found the first floor and roof of the property well alight and set to work using a hose reel jet and two sets of breathing apparatus.
Everyone was free and clear from the building and the electric and gas to the property was isolated.
You may also want to watch:
Fire fighters had to increase the amount of jets and set a main jet up using a nearby hydrant to battle the flames.
The fire, believed to have been caused by accident, was extinguished using six breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and a main jet.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
The first floor of the building was 100 per cent damaged by the fire and 100 per cent of the ground floor was damaged by the water.