Windy weather warning for North Devon
Get ready for disruption, warns Met Office.
A WEATHER warning has been issued for North Devon as the region prepares to be battered by gales of up to 70mph over the coming days.
The Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for most of the South West, telling people to be ready for disruption to travel and outdoor activities.
Southwesterly gales are likely to develop across much of the region today (Thursday) and tomorrow and damage to trees is expected. The gales are also likely to be accompanied by heavy rain.
The Met Office’s chief forecaster said winds of this strength were unusual at this time of year and so had the potential to cause more disruption than normal.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a low risk of winds reaching 80mph in places, especially exposed coastal areas.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI