Windy weather warning for North Devon
Get ready for disruption, warns Met Office.
A WEATHER warning has been issued for North Devon as the region prepares to be battered by gales of up to 70mph over the coming days.
The Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for most of the South West, telling people to be ready for disruption to travel and outdoor activities.
Southwesterly gales are likely to develop across much of the region today (Thursday) and tomorrow and damage to trees is expected. The gales are also likely to be accompanied by heavy rain.
The Met Office’s chief forecaster said winds of this strength were unusual at this time of year and so had the potential to cause more disruption than normal.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a low risk of winds reaching 80mph in places, especially exposed coastal areas.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl