Windy weather warning for North Devon
Get ready for disruption, warns Met Office.
A WEATHER warning has been issued for North Devon as the region prepares to be battered by gales of up to 70mph over the coming days.
The Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for most of the South West, telling people to be ready for disruption to travel and outdoor activities.
Southwesterly gales are likely to develop across much of the region today (Thursday) and tomorrow and damage to trees is expected. The gales are also likely to be accompanied by heavy rain.
The Met Office’s chief forecaster said winds of this strength were unusual at this time of year and so had the potential to cause more disruption than normal.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a low risk of winds reaching 80mph in places, especially exposed coastal areas.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 8 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland