Wind farm inquiry set to resume
Highway safety issues will be considered for controversial Batsworthy scheme.
A PUBLIC inquiry into the Batsworthy Cross wind farm will be re-opened by the Planning Inspector next month.
Plans for the nine turbine proposal at Knowstone, near South Molton, will come under the spotlight again to enable consideration of highway safety issues.
Proposals for the 103-metre-high scheme were the subject of a public inquiry, which opened on Tuesday, June 12 and closed on Friday, July 6.
It followed an appeal by developer RWE npower renewables after North Devon Council refused planning applications against its own officers’ recommendations in June 2011.
The inquiry will resume at Bishops Nympton Parish Hal on Thursday, September 20, at 10am.
Members of the public will be notified of the arrangements for the resumption of proceedings, but the Inspector does not expect to invite further representations from them on this matter.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas