Wind farm funds on the agenda
Community company opens doors to fund bidders.
PEOPLE are being invited to learn more about the distribution of community funds from the Fullabrook wind farm.
The Fullabrook Wind Farm Community Interest Company Ltd is holding its second annual general meeting and community meeting on Thursday, June 28.
The event at West Down Parish Hall starts at 7.30pm and is open to all.
Chairman Jo Hibberd said: “Everyone is invited to come and hear about the CIC’s performance over the last year and its plans for the distribution of the community fund for the next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The company has received the first community fund payment of �1m from Devon Wind Power Ltd and will receive further annual payments of �100k.
The money can be spent in the area around the wind farm or in a wider area in North Devon that will have an impact on those living in the area of the wind farm.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Directors meet regularly to make grants to local community groups and the company is still looking for more members, as well as three honorary directors.
For more information, visit www.fullabrook-cic.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.