Wind farm funds on the agenda
Community company opens doors to fund bidders.
PEOPLE are being invited to learn more about the distribution of community funds from the Fullabrook wind farm.
The Fullabrook Wind Farm Community Interest Company Ltd is holding its second annual general meeting and community meeting on Thursday, June 28.
The event at West Down Parish Hall starts at 7.30pm and is open to all.
Chairman Jo Hibberd said: “Everyone is invited to come and hear about the CIC’s performance over the last year and its plans for the distribution of the community fund for the next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The company has received the first community fund payment of �1m from Devon Wind Power Ltd and will receive further annual payments of �100k.
The money can be spent in the area around the wind farm or in a wider area in North Devon that will have an impact on those living in the area of the wind farm.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
Directors meet regularly to make grants to local community groups and the company is still looking for more members, as well as three honorary directors.
For more information, visit www.fullabrook-cic.org or email email@example.com.