Willow takes up the Arlington Challenge
Disabled people of all ages invited to take part in fun charity challenge this October
A determined North Devon youngster is looking forward to taking part in the first ever Arlington Challenge for disabled people on Sunday, October 16.
Willow Lancey is eight-years-old is in a wheelchair - but that has not stopped the happy go lucky East Down girl from becoming the first to sign up to the new fun physical and mental charity challenge organised by Ilfracombe Compass Rotary.
The Arlington Challenge and treasure hunt will be held in the grounds of Arlington Court in conjunction with the National Trust, open to disabled people of all ages and with two routes suitable for both wheelchairs and walkers.
It starts at 11am and the aim is for both the entrants and their families to enjoy themselves as they roam the ground and search for clues to make their way around the course.
The main charity for the event will be the Motor Neurone Disease Association, possibly together with other local charities.
There will be a shorter one suitable for wheelchairs, taking one to two hours to complete and a two to three hour one for those who feel able to undertake a longer walk.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 8 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
Willow was born with spinal muscular atrophy type II, but it has not dented her enthusiasm for life and she is already determined to complete the longer course with her “off road” wheelchair.
Her family will all be joining her on the day and mum Louise said her daughter loved Arlington, which was close to their home and very accessible.
Ilfracombe Compass Rotary is keen to hear from any disabled people and their families who wish to take part in the Arlington Challenge. For more details and entry forms, contact Carol Wood on (01271) 866162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.