Will North Devon’s theatres be sold?
- Credit: Archant
Council meeting reveals North Devon Theatres Trust bid
Plans to buy both of North Devon Theatres have been announced.
North Devon Theatres Trust has made an offer to purchase the Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple and the Landmark in Ilfracombe from North Devon Council.
The news was revealed by council leader Des Brailey at a meeting of the full council last night (Wednesday).
He said the trust had made an offer to buy the two premises on a long lease, but everything else was confidential at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
But Mr Brailey said he could not take any questions on the issue or discuss it further until a report had gone before the council’s executive committee.
Richard Purchase, executive chairman of North Devon Theatres Trust confirmed: “We have made an offer and are continuing discussions with North Devon Council. We hope to have more information by the end of April.”
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses