Will Devon get snow this weekend?
- Credit: Met Office
Temperatures will drop below freezing this weekend, according to the Met Office.
Snow is expected to fall in Devon tonight and tomorrow as temperatures hit freezing and a weather warning for ice has now been issued by the Met Office.
According to meteorologists at the Met Office Thursday (January 17) will be largely dry with clear skies but rain, sleet and hill snow is expected to arrive shortly before dawn tomorrow.
The Met Office issued a yellow weather warning for ice yesterday and it remains in force today.
Friday will start off bright but it will turn cloudy as the day goes on with a band of rain, sleet and hill snow expected to travel eastward as the day goes on.
You may also want to watch:
Between Saturday and Monday the Met Office expects overnight frosts and outbreaks of rain, sleet and hill snow, however sunny spells are also expected.
If you run into any extreme weather over the next few days or the weekend please take pictures, where safe to do so, and send them to email@example.com.
- 1 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 2 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 6 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 7 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 8 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 9 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 10 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford