Will Devon get snow this weekend?
- Credit: Met Office
Temperatures will drop below freezing this weekend, according to the Met Office.
Snow is expected to fall in Devon tonight and tomorrow as temperatures hit freezing and a weather warning for ice has now been issued by the Met Office.
According to meteorologists at the Met Office Thursday (January 17) will be largely dry with clear skies but rain, sleet and hill snow is expected to arrive shortly before dawn tomorrow.
The Met Office issued a yellow weather warning for ice yesterday and it remains in force today.
Friday will start off bright but it will turn cloudy as the day goes on with a band of rain, sleet and hill snow expected to travel eastward as the day goes on.
You may also want to watch:
Between Saturday and Monday the Met Office expects overnight frosts and outbreaks of rain, sleet and hill snow, however sunny spells are also expected.
If you run into any extreme weather over the next few days or the weekend please take pictures, where safe to do so, and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 4 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 5 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 6 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 7 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 8 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 9 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections