Wild flower celebration at Fremington
A special free event is taking place to celebrate and raise awareness about the importance of wild flowers in North Devon. Wildflower Wonder has been organised by the Parks Team at North Devon Council, the Northern Devon Coast and Countryside Service, F
A special free event is taking place to celebrate and raise awareness about the importance of wild flowers in North Devon.
Wildflower Wonder has been organised by the Parks Team at North Devon Council, the Northern Devon Coast and Countryside Service, Fremington Parish Council and the Fremington and District Environment Group.
The family event is taking place on Saturday, June 12 from 11am to 4pm at Fremington Quay and will include:
* wild flower themed activities, including re-planting the wild flower meadow and potting up wild flowers to take home and plant in the garden
You may also want to watch:
* question and answer sessions with the 'wild flower experts'
* guided walks to learn more about the variety of flowers along the Tarka Trail.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Lead Member for Parks, Councillor Eric Ley, said: "Wild flowers are part of the North Devon landscape. Not only do they make the area look attractive, but they also support a huge variety of wildlife.
"I encourage local residents and holiday makers to come along on Saturday to find out more about the wildflowers in the area and have some fun as well."
This event is one of many organised as part of the North Devon Festival which runs throughout June. This year is also the International Year of Biodiversity which celebrates all living things in the environment.