Wiggins pulls out of Devon stage of Tour of Britain
The Gold medallist will not be starting the race from Barnstaple on Saturday.
OLYMPIC gold medallist Bradley Wiggins will not be taking part in the Devon stage of the Tour of Britain tomorrow (Saturday).
The Tour de France winner picked up a stomach bug overnight and did not start today’s sixth stage from Welshpool to Caerphilly.
Team Sky said on Twitter earlier today: “Unfortunately Bradley Wiggins was unable to start stage six of the Tour of Britain today after picking up a stomach bug. More details soon.”
The Tour will leave from Barnstaple tomorrow morning at 10.15am and travel through Bideford and Great Torrington on its route through Devon.
You may also want to watch:
For a full schedule of events in North Devon see pages 56-57 of this week’s Gazette.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty