Wiggins pulls out of Devon stage of Tour of Britain
The Gold medallist will not be starting the race from Barnstaple on Saturday.
OLYMPIC gold medallist Bradley Wiggins will not be taking part in the Devon stage of the Tour of Britain tomorrow (Saturday).
The Tour de France winner picked up a stomach bug overnight and did not start today’s sixth stage from Welshpool to Caerphilly.
Team Sky said on Twitter earlier today: “Unfortunately Bradley Wiggins was unable to start stage six of the Tour of Britain today after picking up a stomach bug. More details soon.”
The Tour will leave from Barnstaple tomorrow morning at 10.15am and travel through Bideford and Great Torrington on its route through Devon.
You may also want to watch:
For a full schedule of events in North Devon see pages 56-57 of this week’s Gazette.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer