Why must we stay silent on array issue?
SIR - Referring to the letter Idle Speculation from three local councillors. May I respectfully suggest it would have been more appropriate for them to have mailed this letter directly to their fellow councillors and to Nick Harvey MP who actually gave
SIR - Referring to the letter "Idle Speculation" from three local councillors. May I respectfully suggest it would have been more appropriate for them to have mailed this letter directly to their fellow councillors and to Nick Harvey MP who actually gave all this "idle speculation" to the local newspapers!
They state that: "discussions are at a delicate stage and silly chatter could jeopardise chances of winning this project and that careless talk could cost jobs".
I found these comments unbelievable! Nick Harvey is practically giving the media a blow by blow account of his private talks with Ministers in Whitehall - so he doesn't seem bothered about losing North Devon jobs? I suspect even he might realize that this is one 'contract loss' that might actually earn him a few votes and as it will probably go to Port Talbot anyway - what has he got to lose?
The point is, Nick Harvey told the press that he is discussing the housing of 3,000 migrant workers on Fremington Army Camp with the heirachy in London without consulting his constituents who pay his salary.
You may also want to watch:
However, are we being told by our three local ccouncillors. that we must mind our business, stay silent, no idle chitter chatter among ourselves until 'our betters' feel it appropriate to have local consultations?
Messrs. Gill, Jones and Moores agree with the 'Atlantic Array' coming to Yelland and Fremington. Would they now have the courtesy to let local people of Fremington Ward know where they want these migrant workers housed .... Fremington Army Camp or perhaps the Yelland Asbestos Site?
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Perhaps Nick Harvey is willing to give them temporary caravan accommodation on his estate? Or is Councillor Peter Christie from the Green Party, willing to house them on Torridgeside; possibly Knapp House Estate? Is all this just another example of why we are all so fed up with what is loosely termed 'politicians'?