Why must we stay silent on array issue?
SIR - Referring to the letter Idle Speculation from three local councillors. May I respectfully suggest it would have been more appropriate for them to have mailed this letter directly to their fellow councillors and to Nick Harvey MP who actually gave
SIR - Referring to the letter "Idle Speculation" from three local councillors. May I respectfully suggest it would have been more appropriate for them to have mailed this letter directly to their fellow councillors and to Nick Harvey MP who actually gave all this "idle speculation" to the local newspapers!
They state that: "discussions are at a delicate stage and silly chatter could jeopardise chances of winning this project and that careless talk could cost jobs".
I found these comments unbelievable! Nick Harvey is practically giving the media a blow by blow account of his private talks with Ministers in Whitehall - so he doesn't seem bothered about losing North Devon jobs? I suspect even he might realize that this is one 'contract loss' that might actually earn him a few votes and as it will probably go to Port Talbot anyway - what has he got to lose?
The point is, Nick Harvey told the press that he is discussing the housing of 3,000 migrant workers on Fremington Army Camp with the heirachy in London without consulting his constituents who pay his salary.
You may also want to watch:
However, are we being told by our three local ccouncillors. that we must mind our business, stay silent, no idle chitter chatter among ourselves until 'our betters' feel it appropriate to have local consultations?
Messrs. Gill, Jones and Moores agree with the 'Atlantic Array' coming to Yelland and Fremington. Would they now have the courtesy to let local people of Fremington Ward know where they want these migrant workers housed .... Fremington Army Camp or perhaps the Yelland Asbestos Site?
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
Perhaps Nick Harvey is willing to give them temporary caravan accommodation on his estate? Or is Councillor Peter Christie from the Green Party, willing to house them on Torridgeside; possibly Knapp House Estate? Is all this just another example of why we are all so fed up with what is loosely termed 'politicians'?