Where is North Devon’s new Tarka Trail cafe?
- Credit: Archant
Discover what the Waterside Cafe has to offer...
A new café on the Tarka Trail at Chivenor has a truly Italian connection.
Waterside Café is run by Jimmy Bellieni, who is originally from Venice, trained as a chef in Italy and has worked in his native country, London and North Devon.
The café is accessible from both the trail and Chivenor Business Park and enjoys stunning views over the estuary.
It offers a wide menu of freshly prepared food from scratch, ranging from coffees, full breakfasts and paninis to salads, home-cooked pasta and gourmet burgers.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy has started the new business with his partner Morele Bedford and working alongside his daughter Lola.
He has previously worked at The Globe in Chulmleigh and Yeotown health retreat at Snapper near Barnstaple.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 9 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 10 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
He said Waterside had been a lucky find: “I had been looking and looking and could not find anywhere and was actually thinking of moving out of Devon, until I saw this place.”
The gourmet café has been open for just over a week in its new purpose-built building.
To cater for Tarka Trail users it is dog friendly and also offers a range of healthy options such as gluten or dairy free food and smoothies for the health-conscious.
Jimmy said it had all been ‘a bit of a whirlwind’ so far, but they hoped to hold an opening event on bank holiday Monday, May 2.
The café is open 8am-5pm Tuesdays to Saturdays and 10am-5pm on Sundays, and has its own Facebook page.