Where does the MP stand?
SIR - I have been looking at the Lib. Dem. policy and am disquieted when I read that they are in favour of the EU Arrest Warrant which allows you or I to be taken for trial in another country, without any evidence of a crime needing to be shown to a Brit
SIR - I have been looking at the Lib. Dem. policy and am disquieted when I read that they are in favour of the EU Arrest Warrant which allows you or I to be taken for trial in another country, without any evidence of a crime needing to be shown to a British court, even for a crime that's not an offence in this country.
They are also in favour of the Lisbon Treaty which gives powers to an EU police force, over those of our own police, whose officers are immune from prosecution. They are also actively supporting the YES vote in the Irish referendum on the Lisbon Treaty in spite of the fact that the Irish have already said NO.
This means that the Liberal Democrats are neither Liberal or Democratic so where does this leave our MP, who reputedly is a Eurosceptic?
Surely he should resign from the Lib. Dems. and stand up for his beliefs, I would like to see him try to justify his stance through this paper.
You may also want to watch:
David Beagley, Ilfracombe.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 6 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses