Where does the MP stand?
SIR - I have been looking at the Lib. Dem. policy and am disquieted when I read that they are in favour of the EU Arrest Warrant which allows you or I to be taken for trial in another country, without any evidence of a crime needing to be shown to a Brit
SIR - I have been looking at the Lib. Dem. policy and am disquieted when I read that they are in favour of the EU Arrest Warrant which allows you or I to be taken for trial in another country, without any evidence of a crime needing to be shown to a British court, even for a crime that's not an offence in this country.
They are also in favour of the Lisbon Treaty which gives powers to an EU police force, over those of our own police, whose officers are immune from prosecution. They are also actively supporting the YES vote in the Irish referendum on the Lisbon Treaty in spite of the fact that the Irish have already said NO.
This means that the Liberal Democrats are neither Liberal or Democratic so where does this leave our MP, who reputedly is a Eurosceptic?
Surely he should resign from the Lib. Dems. and stand up for his beliefs, I would like to see him try to justify his stance through this paper.
You may also want to watch:
David Beagley, Ilfracombe.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year