Wetherspoons sale could be complete in December
The pub chain is negotiating the sale of the building now planning permission and a licence have been granted.
PLANS to transform a carpet and furnishing shop in Bideford are underway as the sale of the building could be completed in December.
Planning permission to turn the Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre in Bridgeland Street into a J D Wetherspoon pub was approved in May.
A licence has also been granted for the premises and a Wetherspoon spokesman confirmed the company were negotiating the sale of the building.
It is hoped the pub will bring 45-50 new jobs to the town.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the furniture store said no date had been confirmed for its closure but it would probably close its doors in early 2013.
Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre will be relocating to a new premises in Bideford following the move.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council