Wetherspoons sale could be complete in December
The pub chain is negotiating the sale of the building now planning permission and a licence have been granted.
PLANS to transform a carpet and furnishing shop in Bideford are underway as the sale of the building could be completed in December.
Planning permission to turn the Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre in Bridgeland Street into a J D Wetherspoon pub was approved in May.
A licence has also been granted for the premises and a Wetherspoon spokesman confirmed the company were negotiating the sale of the building.
It is hoped the pub will bring 45-50 new jobs to the town.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the furniture store said no date had been confirmed for its closure but it would probably close its doors in early 2013.
Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre will be relocating to a new premises in Bideford following the move.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash