Wet weather set to hit North Devon tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Met Office issues weather warning for Sunday evening - stay up to date with the latest weather in North Devon here.
NORTH Devon should be prepared for heavy rain tomorrow (Sunday) with a yellow weather warning for rain in place across the region.
The alert issued by the Met Office predicts a band of heavy rainfall across the South West from 6pm on Sunday.
The weather warning will remain in place until midday on Monday.
Yesterday it was announced the fireworks display at Barnstaple Rugby Club planned for tomorrow will be postponed due to the forecast.
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “A frontal zone moving across the Atlantic this weekend is expected to extend eastwards across south-western UK late on Sunday before spreading to the rest of southern England overnight Sunday and through Monday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Associated rain is likely to be heavy at times with accumulations typically between 10 and 20 mm and locally 30 mm or more.
“It will also become windy in English Channel coastal areas where gales may develop for a time during Sunday evening and the early hours of Monday.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
GET IN TOUCH: If you spot any flooding in your area email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.