Westward Ho! wine buffs, or wine bluffers?
A DISTINGUISHED panel has been assembled for a Wine Man's Bluff charity event at the Kingsley Hall, Westward Ho! Geoffrey Cox MP, Dr Robin Buckland and hospice chief executive Gordon Lester will be doing their utmost to deceive on the evening on Friday, J
A DISTINGUISHED panel has been assembled for a Wine Man's Bluff charity event at the Kingsley Hall, Westward Ho!
Geoffrey Cox MP, Dr Robin Buckland and hospice chief executive Gordon Lester will be doing their utmost to deceive on the evening on Friday, July 10.
Based on the popular TV show Call My Bluff, teams will taste a variety of wines from around the world before hearing a different description of the wine from the panel. The idea is to pick the correct description and avoid the bluffers.
All proceeds from the event go to help the vital work of the North Devon Hospice, which cares for more than 100 local people every day.
The event is being organised by the Riverside Support Group, who raise thousands of pounds for the hospice by undertaking various fundraising activities.
Group chairperson Jenny Ruttersaid: "Wine Man's Bluff is always an absolutely wonderful night out. People who come along will get to sample a number of delicious wines and they always have a lot of fun debating which of the panellists is bluffing. Also included in the ticket price is a ploughman's-style supper, to soak up some of the wine the contestants will get through!"
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 7 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 8 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
Tickets are �8 including wine and a ploughman's supper. Teams of six are encouraged to enter. Call Jenny Rutter on (01237) 422710 for more details.