Westward Ho! toilet block to become Moroccan restaraunt?
- Credit: Archant
Planning application submitted for run down toilet block on Westward Ho! promenade.
A PLANNING application has been submitted to transform a run down toilet block on Westward Ho! sea front into a Moroccan style cafe.
The application has been submitted to Torridge District Council by Mr J Bouzoubaa.
The public conveniences on Ennisfame Road were put up for auction in September 2013 with a guide price of £10,000 but sold for £41,000.
The sales details claimed a Torridge planning executive said he would have ‘no objection in principle’ to the toilets being regenerated.
You may also want to watch:
It also stated if change of use was granted the council would be prepared to consider granting a licence to permit the use of tables and chairs on the promenade.
Northam Town Council has recommended Torridge approve the application subject to meeting the Highways requirements.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
A decision on the application is expected next month.