Westward Ho! toilet block to become Moroccan restaraunt?
- Credit: Archant
Planning application submitted for run down toilet block on Westward Ho! promenade.
A PLANNING application has been submitted to transform a run down toilet block on Westward Ho! sea front into a Moroccan style cafe.
The application has been submitted to Torridge District Council by Mr J Bouzoubaa.
The public conveniences on Ennisfame Road were put up for auction in September 2013 with a guide price of £10,000 but sold for £41,000.
The sales details claimed a Torridge planning executive said he would have ‘no objection in principle’ to the toilets being regenerated.
You may also want to watch:
It also stated if change of use was granted the council would be prepared to consider granting a licence to permit the use of tables and chairs on the promenade.
Northam Town Council has recommended Torridge approve the application subject to meeting the Highways requirements.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
A decision on the application is expected next month.