Westward Ho! road will be closed for a month
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Diversions in place from Monday, January 6 while a new sewer is installed.
THE main road through Westward Ho! will be closed for the next month while a new sewer is installed.
The £60,000 scheme will see Nelson Road closed from Monday (January 6) while South West Water and H5O installs 150 metres of new sewerage pipe work.
Diversions will be in place and it is expected to take around four weeks to complete. There will be access for residents.
“It is important we continue to make these improvements to the sewer network which will help alleviate local flooding problems,” said project manager Andy Young.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be working hard to minimise disruption to the public and businesses as far as possible while completing these essential improvements.”
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer