Westward Ho! kitchen fire

Firefighters were called to a property in Kipling Terrace, Westward Ho! shortly after midnight today (Tuesday).

One fire appliance from Appledore and one from Bideford attended the scene and found a small fire involving a cooker in the kitchen of a second floor flat.

The fire was extinguished by fire crews using two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter