Former Westard Ho! nursing home hits the market
- Credit: Contributed
A former nursing home in Westward Ho! has hit the market, with an asking price of just under £1million.
Donness Nursing Home Limited closed in March after receiving ‘inadequate’ ratings from the Care Quality Commission.
The now-vacant nursing home in Atlantic Way is being brought to market by Christie and Co, with an asking price of £950,000.
The site is registered for 34 service users and has 30 bedrooms spread out over three floors – four of which are shared rooms.
Christie and Co director Simon Harvey is handling the sale. He said: “With so much high-quality purpose-built accommodation and the flexibility of site use - it is well suited to be re-opened as an elderly care facility or could be reconfigured to suit a wide variety of other care uses – this care home sale offers a fantastic opportunity for a new or expanding care operator.”
You may also want to watch:
The nursing home was established in 1980, and was extended in 1991 to include an additional 14 bedrooms.
In 2004 it was extended again to include a further 12.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe