Former Westard Ho! nursing home hits the market
- Credit: Contributed
A former nursing home in Westward Ho! has hit the market, with an asking price of just under £1million.
Donness Nursing Home Limited closed in March after receiving ‘inadequate’ ratings from the Care Quality Commission.
The now-vacant nursing home in Atlantic Way is being brought to market by Christie and Co, with an asking price of £950,000.
The site is registered for 34 service users and has 30 bedrooms spread out over three floors – four of which are shared rooms.
Christie and Co director Simon Harvey is handling the sale. He said: “With so much high-quality purpose-built accommodation and the flexibility of site use - it is well suited to be re-opened as an elderly care facility or could be reconfigured to suit a wide variety of other care uses – this care home sale offers a fantastic opportunity for a new or expanding care operator.”
You may also want to watch:
The nursing home was established in 1980, and was extended in 1991 to include an additional 14 bedrooms.
In 2004 it was extended again to include a further 12.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand