Westlife farewell at Bideford Cinema
See chart topper’s final performance live on the big screen at the only North Devon showing.
BIDEFORD Cinema has pulled off a coup after becoming the only one in North Devon to scoop the rights to screen the Westlife Farewell Concert live.
Fans of the Irish chart toppers would need to travel to Exeter if they wished to see the group’s emotionally charged swansong performance live from Croke Park in Dublin.
The concert will be shown at the Edgehill Theatre in Kingsley School on Saturday, with doors opening at 8pm.
The school is one of two local venues used by the community cinema, which also shows films at Bideford College.
The not-for-profit community cinema is now in its 11th year and run by Bideford Film Society with a small committee of volunteers.
There is an entertaining and regular programme of current films to appeal to all age groups and for the first time ever the cinema will be running right through August.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 3 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 4 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 5 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 6 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 7 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 8 Snell returns to inspire comfortable win for Bideford
- 9 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 10 Nature conservation work in Fremington requires volunteers
It will be screening a pair of ‘three nighters’ back-to-back in the form of the newly released The Amazing Spiderman and The Dark Knight Rises films.
Together with the Bideford branch of Cancer Research UK, the cinema will be showing Olympic-themed films plus some live coverage at a marquee in Victoria Park on Friday, July 27.
The cinema is always keen to welcome new volunteers to assist with box office duties, front of house and as stewards - or even to learn about being a film projectionist. For information, listings and ticket prices, visit www.bidefordfilmsociety.org.uk.