Westward Ho! Ladies Club celebrates 50th anniversary
- Credit: Graham Hobbs
There were golden celebrations for Westward Ho! Ladies Club, which has toasted its 50th anniversary.
The ladies' club held a party in the schoolroom of Kingsley Hall on October 10 to mark 50 years since its first meeting.
The group, which was formerly known as Westward Ho! Young Wives, was formed in 1969.
Those that attended the party enjoyed a display of photographs from past club events, including when the young wives group participated in Westward Ho! Carnival.
There was also a display of new cuttings of local events from 1969, which were supplied by Bideford and District Archive.
You may also want to watch:
Former members travelled from as far afield as Spain to join the celebrations, which included a supper with wine.
Denise Lamey, a founder and a current member of the group, cut the celebration cake.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
Secretary Alison Crossman said: "It was agreed that it was a most enjoyable evening, catching up with old friends and making new acquaintances."
The group meets on Thursday evenings, and always welcomes new members and interesting speakers.